Jan 29, 2011

With apprehension in my heart

My baby brother is leaving for war.

The Army sees a man.
I see a boy.
The Army sees a man who can fight
I see a boy who likes to play dinosaurs.
The Army sees a man who can fight for his country
I see a boy who likes to play dinosaurs and not share with others.
The Army sees a man who can fight for his country and protect other peoples freedom.
picture from behind cause he'd be mad at a face picture.

And I see my brother as a eight year old boy who cried when he fell down and scuffed his knees, I see my brother who use to play on the "wings" of the house and pretend he was Godzilla. I see my brother who doesn't think things trough and climbs trees to high and breaks both feet. I see my brother who use to be a dork and wear his socks pulled up his knees.

Be safe baby brother.
I love you and I hope you come home safe and sound!

1 comment:

Brandie said...

I want to carify that I think my brother is totally capable to do his job. I don't see him as a child in real life. I just see him as my baby brother in my head.