Jan 30, 2011

Mexican Lasagna


I was looking for things to make for dinner the other day and other people from work were gathered around my desk. As I spoke out the name everyone went that is so yummy. I thought to myself surely that can't be that good, but It was so much better than I thought it would be so I'm sharing.

I didn't follow the recipe but used the same ingredients.

3 chicken breasts
1 can rotell. I used mild
1 can diced tomatoes
1 onion cut up. I cut in rings again cause I'm lazy and so my hubby could easily pick them out
2 green peppers cut up. I did strips
1 can diced green chilies
 1/2 cup water.
1 box lasagna noodles. I like bertolli flat no cook ones. Use what u gt. Follow directions on box as to cook or not first. I used the water above for extra liquid since I use the no cook first noodles.
1 package shredded cheese. On hand I had Colby Jack so that's what I used

Cause I'm lazy I put everything but the noodles and cheese in to the crock pot and cooked on high for 5 hours. When it's done I use 2 forks and shred up the chicken.

Pre heat oven to 350

Get a 9 x 11 baking dish and spray the pan with non stick spray put some of you mixture in the bottom
but just a little. Then put your fist layer of noodles. Add more mixture then add the cheese. repeat till you have n meat mixture left. If you cooked your noodles first then all you have to do is put in over till it's hot and cheese is melted. If you used no cook noodles. cover with foil and place in oven for 45 Min's, take foil off and bake for another 15 minutes.

Top with whatever you want. We ate it plain.

No comments: