Jan 1, 2012

Let's give some love for the beach!

I really need to get my clutter under control
 In a previous post I said I wasn't making anything homemade for Christmas. That all changed as I was window shopping for fabric and saw this fabric bundle. You see my in-laws are all about the beach. going to the beach, dreaming about selling all there belongings and driving the car till it dies and then getting a place on the beach. I love their spirit about it. Every year they take multiple beach vacations and always bring something home beach related and it then goes on this fishing net in the bathroom. At Christmas time the nets gets beachy ornaments. Anyway I think I'm making it sound over the top, So when I saw this bundle I said Hey I could make that by Christmas for My mother-in-law. 

 Here it is all cut out waiting for me to sew it together. Don't mind my flannel stapled to the wall. That's how U roll here when I don't fell like taking the time to make a proper design way. I just wing it! besides staples are the best friend to a non-construction type person like myself.
Here the mini quilt is in it's new home. It's going to look great in this bright kitchen.

I bought the fabric bundle at Marmalade Fabrics, but the person who designed it is Teaginny Designs.
 Thanks to both for making it so easy to give a homemade gift. 

2 comments:

Lexilooo said...

so pretty, I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

We are beach people too and love the colors you used.