Dec 1, 2011

Quilts of Valor

I I wanted to share these blocks I made for this quilt only I thought I took my pictures. Ooops. I made a quilt for Quilts of Valor. I know most of the quilts you see for this ar made with more patriotic fabric but I signed up for this with my LQS. They were having a sign-up donation list. The catch was you had to use Thangles and the pattern they gave you.
Have any of you ever used Thangles before? This was my first time. It's like making hst's with paper piecing. But more on those another day. The pttern I got was called jewelry box. I made it with stuff I had around the house but I used shades of blue and red with some Kona white.

  This is the finished quilt top. I wasn't sure I was going to like it but I do. I kinda didn't want to give it away. With so many of my family members being retired military or currently enlisted I just felt like I had to make this. For those of you who don't know about Quilts of Valor here is a link. I think I'll make more in the future with more patriotic fabric.


                                                      Finished quilt pictures tomorrow!

No comments: